STUDIESEXPERIENCIA PROFESIONALACHIEVEMENTS AND RECOGNITIONSPROFESSOR / MODERATOR PARTICIPATION
Dr. Buenaventura Leal González
General Surgeon with Specialty in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery and Obesity.
27 years of experience with more than 8,700 surgeries.
Member of the most important National and International Associations of Bariatric Surgery with Certification of the Mexican Board of General Surgery Accreditation for placement and management of the Lap-Band system. Training in the best Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Centers in the World: -Advanced Laparoscopic Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, AMITS (Brazil) -Advanced Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Course, IFSO (Portugal) -Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, IFSO, ASMBS (Australia) -Extreme Bariatrics Surgery Training, ASMBS (Mexico).
Dr. Leal believes that constant training and updating in surgical techniques are important tools to improve patient outcomes. His main interest has been the treatment of Morbid Obesity. His patients have had extraordinary life changes and excellent health by performing Gastric Bypass, Lap Band and Gastric Sleeve surgeries.
Specialist in Laparascopic Surgery performing procedures such as colon resection by laparoscopy, hiatal hernia, inguinal hernia, gallbladder removal, pancretectomy, etc.
DIRECTOR AND FOUNDER
Obesity and Diabetes Center of the Hospital San Jose Tec de Monterrey.
It is a Center of Excellence for the definitive treatment of Obesity and Diabetes. With the best team of Medical Specialists offering the most effective and safe procedures.
Buenaventura LM Foundation
The main objective is to support low-income people with Obesity and Diabetes diseases to help them have the opportunity to benefit from health and a quality life.
Monterrey, N.L., México.
- 1990-1993 Postgraduate, Specialty in General Surgery IMSS Mexican Institute of Social Security No. 25.
- 1982-1988 General Surgeon and Midwife Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León. Faculty of Internal Medicine at the Hospital “Dr. Jose Eleuterio Gonzalez”.
- 1988-1989 Social Service in SSA in Camargo Chih.
- Gastroenterologist Surgeon. Specialized in Laparoscopic Surgery and Obesity Surgery. He has provided solutions and alternatives for more than 8,700 patients, 27 years of experience.
- Chief of the Department of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery at the Social Security Hospital No. 33 until December 2006.
- Instructor of Laparoscopic Surgery and General Surgery at the Hospital del Seguro Social No. 33.
- Assistant Professor of Laparoscopic Surgery and General Surgery at Christus Muguerza Hospital.
- Former Chief of the Department of Gastroesophageal Reflux Surgery by Laparoscopy at the Hospital del Seguro Social No. 33.
- 28 years of experience in Surgery related to Gastroenterology.
- 28 years of experience in Laparoscopic Surgery.
- He is currently General Director of the Obesity and Diabetes Center at Hospital San José Tec de Monterrey.
- First Surgeon to perform Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass in Mexico in 1998 following the guidelines of Brazil, France and the United States.
- First Surgeon to perform Vertical Gastroplasty by Laparoscopy in Mexico, surgery that was previously performed only openly.
- Only surgeon to perform 15 Gastric Bypass in a single day.
- Surgeon to perform the Gastric Bypass on Mr. Edgar Vivar (Mr. Barriga). Patient who had been rejected by 14 Bariatric Surgeons of America due to the complexity of his health condition.
- First surgeon to perform Revision Surgery for patients with previous failed bariatric surgeries or weight regain in Mexico.
- Award “Brilliant Medical and Humanitarian Trajectory” Granted by the OEM Organización Editorial Mexicana, El Sol de México. Mexico D.F. March 2015.
- Award “Diamond Star” Granted by OEM Organización Editorial Mexicana, El Sol de México for his career in Medical Science. Mexico D.F. 2011.
PROFESSOR / MODERATOR PARTICIPATION
Christus Muguerza Hospital, S.A. de C.V
Clinical Tutor Professor of the Specialty of General Surgery of the Postgraduate area of the Hospital Christus Muguerza Alta Especialidad during the years 2006 to 2011.
XXIII International Course of the College of Internal Medicine of the Northeast, A.C.
Faculty of Medicine of the U.A.N.L. Recognition for participation as Professor with the theme “Symposium: Controversies with the management of Obesity. Surgical Management”. October 21-23, 2010.
UDEM (University of Monterrey)
Health Sciences Division. Department of Clinical Sciences:
Recognition for participation as Professor of the Medical Specialty Program in General Surgery, based in Christus Muguerza High Specialty Hospital. >From March 1st, 2008 to February 28th, 2009.
Northeastern Regional Meeting XIX Course of General Surgery
Discussion Table of Module III: Controversies in Bariatric Surgery March 27th, 2008.
XXX American College of Surgeons Intercapitular Meeting
Faculty of Medicine of the U.A.N.L. Recognition for participation as Moderator in the XVIII International Course of General Surgery, Northeast Chapter. March 22nd to 24th, 2007.
University of Monterrey, Health Sciences Division.
General Hospital of Zone No. 33 of the IMSI.
Professor of Training in Laparoscopic Hiatus Surgery Service” From July 3 to Sept. 29, 2006.
Christus Muguerza Hospital, S.A. de C.V.
Department of Medical Teaching and Research:
Participation as Professor of the Academic Degree of the Specialty of General Surgery. February 28, 2002.